It’s been a productive week this week, hence why my blog post is a bit late; I’ve just been so busy making. Trying to cram in as much as possible before the Easter break.
Working with the knowledge from previous experiments porcelain, I have refined my making method and have been busy churning out pots….pots….pots
I’ve also been doing some more slip& dip samples, and I have been experimenting with metal stictches
I packed the kiln on Friday last week and I have to say I could not stop thinking about it until I opened it again on Tuesday. I was so worried I would open it to fins a load of burn fragments. To my amazement, I found these little wonders when I opened it.
I have tried to refine my experimentation with the wire stitches and it worked…hurray!
They may not be functioning pots as most have cracks but they look interesting. Also it’s quite ironic; I have been trying to echo porcelain staple/rivet mending techniques but mended post end up cracked.
Now I just need to make more as I would like to have a big impactive cluster or rows of them for the exhibition.
I also have been playing around with trying to capture typography in porcelain and again I was very pleased with the results
Above you can see the pre-fired tags and then also the fired porcelain. I’m so glad I found a way to have a more refined burn mark that is actually readable. My idea would be to take text excerpts from old embroidery samplers and remake them in porcelain